Join Oprah when she meets up with Deepak Chopra in India. Deepak Chopra is one of our greatest spiritual thought leaders of our time. He has written many inspiring books about the “mind-body-spirit” connection, and sold over 20 million copies worldwide. Listen to Deepak Chopra’s wisdom in this inspiring video. Don’t forget to read the summary that continues below the video.
Summary of the video with Deepak Chopra and Oprah in India:
India’s Spiritual Essence
India’s spiritual essence is a living mythology. It is a living historical connection to its great teachers about time, space, causality, karma and the connection to the spirit consciousness. People live the principle of karma that says: whatever you are putting out to the world is coming back to you.
The Qualities of a Divine Human Being
The people of India are also taught that there are certain qualities that make you a divine human being, and these are:
You only need to be connected to the three qualities: truth, joy and consciousness, and you are all set in your divinity! By large, this is what the people of India believe and act upon.
Learn to “move with the flow”
In India people “move with the flow”. They understand the reasoning behind “going with the flow”. In west, people are often busy struggling and “looking to the future” and are never truly in the present moment. When we are not being present in the now, we can never be ready for the thing that is going to “arrive”, because now is the point of “arrival”.
The Law of Least Effort
In the book “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success”, Deepak Chopra explains the “Law of Least Effort” which most people find difficult to understand. It’s basically telling you to do less and accomplish more. When you are relaxed, in peace and full of love, you will start seeing positive changes in your life. If you come from being, feeling and self reflection, things will mystically come into place for you because that is how nature works. Remember that if you really want something to manifest, you need to let go of it.
Focus on Your Gifts
We all have unique gifts, including you. When you are expressing yourself in your unique way, you lose track of time. Focus on your gifts, not on the weaknesses.
True Self Esteem
Don’t confuse your self image (what other people think of you), with your self esteem (what you think of yourself). True self esteem is beneath no one. It is fearless, and immune to criticism. Look in the mirror and see your eyes and say: “I am beneath no one, I am fearless, and I am immune to criticism”.
Change Your Perception – Change Your Biological Age
It is possible to change your biological age, if you change your perception in the following ways:
- Think of your body as an energy field, rather than just flesh and bones. Make sure that your body is well rested and relaxed in order to raise your energy field.
- Change your perception of time, and make sure that you don’t stress through life and stay present in everything you do. Start meditating and become aware of your body, mind and spirit connection.
- Change your perception of aging, and say to yourself everyday: “I am increasing my mental and physical capacity”. When you stop growing, you become old – so keep growing old.
- Stay in a state of love all the time, because it decreases the aging process.
How Deepak Chopra Lives His Life in Peace
Deepak Chopra lives in a meditative state all the time, so he never reacts to things or gets upset because he watches himself. In other words, he observes himself so that his Ego doesn’t take over his thinking or acting in any way. He has never had an argument with his family in over 30 years. His inner silence is his greatest teacher. When it comes to criticism, Deepak Chopra explains that he handles the critics by wisely saying to himself: “What people think of me is none of my business”.
Deepak Chopra lives by these simple life lessons:
- The most important time in your life is now
- The most important person in your life is the one you are looking at right now
- The most important thing you can do in your life is what you are doing right now
- The best way to prepare your future is by being totally present now
- Now is the moment that never ends
Definition of Spirituality
For Oprah spirituality is about living with an open heart and awakening yourself to a full consciousness for who you really are. Deepak Chopra describes spirituality by pointing out the three stages that we all experience as we connect with our own spirituality:
- The Unity Consciousness – The feeling that you are one with all that exists.
- Experiences of Divinity – When you experience “unity consciousness”, the connection that we are all one, you will start feeling love, compassion, and joy because it’s your nature. In other words, you will start experiencing the qualities of your own divinity, see above.
- Loss of Fear of Death – When you have touched a part of yourself that is beyond space and time, you will lose fear of death. All you lose when you die is your body; your “communication instrument”. We never truly lose someone when they die, because we all co-exist in each other.
Definition of Soul
Deepak Chopra explains that the soul is the “core of your being”. It is eternal. It doesn’t exist in space/time reality. It is a field of infinite possibilities and infinite creativity. It is your internal reference point, with which you should always be in touch. Your soul is not in your body – your body is in your soul. Your mind is in your soul – the whole universe is in your soul. Your soul is part of the universal consciousness.
Definition of God
Deepak Chopra’s definition of God is “infinite being that becomes the universe”. God doesn’t create the universe, God becomes the universe. Like a mother gives birth to a baby, God gives birth to the universe. God is the source of space, time, energy, formation, and matter. God is the evolutionary impulse of the universe. God is infinite creativity, infinite love, infinite compassion, and infinite care.
The Purpose of Life
Deepak Chopra believes that the purpose of life is the “progressive expansion of happiness”. It is the ability to love, have compassion, and to be in touch with the creative source inside of you. It is the ability to fulfill worthy goals and to follow the evolutionary impulse of the universe; God.
The Secret to a Happy Life
The secret to a happy life is to recognize that no matter what the situation is, there is a creative opportunity in it. It is to find meaning and purpose in your life, to make a contribution, and to make other people happy.